no login possible since patch 2.6 / kein Login möglich seit Patch 2.6

General game discussion, anything Meridian 59 related.
Elain

no login possible since patch 2.6 / kein Login möglich seit Patch 2.6

Post by Elain » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:27 pm

deutsch

Hallo,

seit Veröffentlichung des Updates 2.6 (Freitag 31.08) kann ich nicht mehr auf Server 112 einloggen. Der Patcher startet automatisch und stellt fest, daß eine aktualisierte Version (des Classic Clients) benötigt wird. Der dann startende Update-Vorgang bricht mit folgender Fehlermeldung ab:

"Meridian59.Patcher hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden"

Ich spiele M59 auf einem "Retro-Rechner" mit Windows XP.

Bereits versucht habe ich eine "Neuinstallation" mittels einer frisch runtergeladenen "latest_classic.zip". Doch leider resultiert auch dies in einem Update-Versuch und dann.... s.o.

Als einfachste Lösung erscheint mir, daß ihr eine absolut aktuelle Version des Classic-Clients als zip zur Verfügung stellt (oder alternativ einen manuellen Patch für die letzten Änderungen).

Ich würde mich über Hilfe bzw. eine Lösung freuen. Danke im voraus.

----------------------------------------------------------
englisch

Hello,

since release of update 2.6 (Friday 31.08) I can´t login to server 112. The patcher starts automatically and detects that an updated version (of the Classic Client) is needed. The update process terminates with the following error message:

"Meridian59.Patcher has encountered a problem and needs to close"

I'm playing M59 on a "retro machine" with Windows XP.

I have already tried a "reinstallation" using a fresh downloaded "latest_classic.zip". Unfortunately, this also results in an update attempt and then ....

Could you provide an absolut up-to-date version of the Classic client as zip (or a manual patch for the latest changes)?

I would appreciate any help or solution. Thank you in advance.
Delerium
Site Admin

Re: no login possible since patch 2.6 / kein Login möglich seit Patch 2.6

Post by Delerium » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:32 pm

Hey,

You can try install this patch from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/downloa ... x?id=29053 which may allow you to run the updater.

Please let me know if that works, we did test the updater on Windows XP but I believe it had all available Microsoft updates.
Elain

Post by Elain » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:55 pm

Thank you for your quick reply.

My Windows XP (32-bit) was already fully patched (according to Windows update search). Neverthess i have the Net-Framework 4.0.3 update installed (again?), unfortunately without result.

For clarification:

The M59 Updater runs. Till the point where you can select the Windows User Account. On my machine only one account exist. No matter what i choose: "current user" (with or without safety option) or "other user" (with or without setting/using a Windows-Account-PW) - after that step the the M59 Updater terminates.

So again my request: Please provide a manual Patch or new "full classic installer"
Delerium
Site Admin

Post by Delerium » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:26 am

Okay one last thing to try... please download patch.meridiannext.com/club_user.exe and try using this file in place of the existing club.exe (run club_user.exe directly, don't run meridian.exe).

I will update the zip now but it would be better if we can get the updater working on your computer so you don't have to download the full client every time we make a small change.
Elain

Post by Elain » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi,

running the "club_user.exe" results in the error-message "Meridian59.Patcher has encountered a problem and needs to close". Same thing happens, when i start the "normal" club.exe.

For the moment my problem is solved (full client). Thanks!

I agree, it would be better to get the updater working. But maybe its to much effort to search and fix an issue for Win XP? When i set up the "retro-machine" some years ago it was a good idea for compatibility reasons. I already plan to replace it end of the year ("better" old hardware, Win7 64-bit & Emulators for nearly everything are available). It would be nice, if you can provide "up to date full clients" (if necessary in the next few month)
Delerium
Site Admin

Post by Delerium » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:52 am

So we got a Win XP 32-bit test platform now and should have all the issues fixed. Next time we update please try the updater first (it'll happen automatically anyway when you connect to the server) and let us know if there are any more issues.
Elain

Post by Elain » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 pm

received version 2.7 today via updater. No problems. Seems to work fine now.