Corpusal node (Underworld)

General game discussion, anything Meridian 59 related.
Judere

Corpusal node (Underworld)

Post by Judere » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:09 pm

I always noticed that the UW node pops up as a rift. How many times has people accidentally stepped into it and lost the chance to get the node after running back and forth for minutes and minutes.
I think the rift should be replaced with what the actual node graphic looks like. Like the ugoth node, it appears at a certain time but why not do the same thing in the UW? Perhaps a simple change of the graphic name in the code to instead of a rift, put it to the node graphic and keep it from teleporting people if they run into it. Don't misunderstand me, i am not suggesting making the UW node exactly like the Ugoth one, they should still have to flip the braziers on or off to make the node appear... i am just suggesting changing the graphic and taking the teleportation property away from the node itself. After all, the UW has so many ways to teleport out do we really need the node teleporting people too? I believe that it would prevent people from accidentally running into the node and porting out before they use the node. I know it pisses ppl off to the point they just log and don't come back for days so imo i think it would be a good tweak.

Judere
Delerium
Site Admin

Re: Corpusal node (Underworld)

Post by Delerium » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:07 pm

It should probably only allow teleporting if the player already has the node, otherwise yeah non-teleporting would be better than now.
Morbus

Post by Morbus » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Hey Judere!

I absolutely see your point, I just believe that we should still have one portal, that teleports you back to your corpse, which only the node does. It's probably a good thing it takes a while to spawn that portal, too. It keeps players from running back to their death instantly.

I believe changing the graphics from portal to node would already help a lot. Also, we could have what we had in the old Raza portal: Stepping in will bounce you back first (possibly with a short hold effect) and only the second attempt will take you through the portal. Combining those two measures (graphics and bounce back) should remove most of the frustration.

Maybe an even simpler solution: Award the node to anyone stepping through the portal. :P

Cheers!

Morbus
Judere

Post by Judere » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:02 am

:D all good ideas. Just had one person from 112 trying to do the node and they are confused which lantern is what number on the unode95.exe program it does not really give ya a compass although its quite obvious to the seasoned players :) None the less takes the newbies time to complete that node if noone is around to help.

Judere