Los issues

Discuss the new 3D Ogre engine based client here.
Cenasi

Los issues

Postby Cenasi » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:57 pm

I've come across a ton of los issues on selective maps/zones where you are able to cast through walls the same was tested on classic client and it doesn't not happen. As with classic you can pretarget using the entities window.

So we targeted first than did our test and as well as tried to target through the walls without los and it doesn't work.

An example of this is first zone on island "Outside the guard tower" someone zoning in can be blinded or casted on by someone just north past the first choke point.

This should be fixed there are many other zones that have similar issues, a player using los as a defensive or offensive strategy can no longer do so in such zones.
Delerium
Site Admin

Re: Los issues

Postby Delerium » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:09 pm

OK I can reproduce this, seems to be an issue with the Ko'catan jungle walls. Looking into it.
EvilSibhod

Postby EvilSibhod » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:29 pm

That is what I figured would be the issue- similar to when one was able to walk through the Icky portal, or thin gates.
Delerium
Site Admin

Postby Delerium » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:07 pm

It's likely the server-based LoS code doesn't catch the paths on opposite side of the walls with tree textures (no vertical tile, transparent) if there is a valid sector between them. Usually there is no sector (e.g. mainland forest maps) but island maps have a lot of features outside the normally viewed parts to make the maps look better. As far as the server is concerned, the trees separating the paths could be a transparent gate the player could fire a bow through.
Cenasi

Postby Cenasi » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:30 am

Delerium wrote:OK I can reproduce this, seems to be an issue with the Ko'catan jungle walls. Looking into it.

Mainly island issue - mainland has some also need to remember where it was tho..
HazZy

Postby HazZy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:05 am

Ogre has several LoS advantages over classic. The ability to zoom out with an angle on the map to get those "wall hack" blinds, combined with self targeting and targeting another player without actually seeing them makes ogre a requirement for pvp. A lot still use classic and may win but at the end of the day, ogre is a huge advantage and should be the new console standard when referencing future changes...classic is a thing of the past, and should be thought as the optional console , not the default.

Ogre is the backbone that will carry the game forward. Classic just can't cut it.

By the way, there's other LoS issues than just this. Trading across a map...buying stuff from NPCS far away (I down walk with riija bridge to buy my riija spells) and more.
HazZy

Postby HazZy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:07 am

Er my last sentence I meant to say, for example, when doing riija I just zone in, target the NPC and buy the spells. Walking across the bridge is for classic hippies ;)