Reset to default.

Discuss the new 3D Ogre engine based client here.
Cenasi

Reset to default.

Post by Cenasi » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:22 pm

Is there a way to reset all defaults in ogre?
EvilSibhod

Re: Reset to default.

Post by EvilSibhod » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:51 pm

I've not installed it with the patcher before, but I believe there are 2 different config files for x86 and x64 - if you've only touched one, just copy the other.
If that is not the case, my next suggestion is (make a backup) delete the config file then run the patcher to see if it will replace that file.
If neither of the above works, someone can probably just provide you with the default config
Delerium
Site Admin

Post by Delerium » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:10 am

There's only one configuration.xml file now, in the root Ogre directory. If you delete this, Ogre will generate a new one with the default settings. If you installed the Ogre client before we switched to a single config file (earlier this year) you likely still have separate config files in the x86 and x64 directories which can be deleted too.

Running the Ogre updater (also in the root directory) won't download configuration.xml as this isn't hosted any more, we switched to having Ogre create one on first startup about a year ago.
HazZy

Post by HazZy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:09 am

Does ogre have a per character profile system built into it? Like,Id like to be able to set the key mapping up uniquely for every character.

If not, i would just save a copy of the client on different drives? Naming of different files, would that work? What files are dependent outside of the root folder?
Delerium
Site Admin

Post by Delerium » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:24 pm

HazZy wrote:Does ogre have a per character profile system built into it? Like,Id like to be able to set the key mapping up uniquely for every character.
Unfortunately it doesn't, it probably should though.
If not, i would just save a copy of the client on different drives? Naming of different files, would that work? What files are dependent outside of the root folder?
The files Ogre needs are all in the Meridian DotNet folder, if you copy everything in there to another folder it will work. If you only plan to have one client open at a time, you could have different configuration.xml files for each character and swap them in/out as needed (bit awkward unfortunately).
HazZy

Post by HazZy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:54 am

The configuration. Xml file can support multiple characters and multiple servers. Out of the box , everytime u log into a toon, the configuration Xml file checks for an existing match for that server (server and toon) .

If it exits, then it looks for the configuration that was set up for that toon.

The way the configuration fIle is updated is a little clunky when you start running multiple toons through the ogre client...especially when you run multiple toons simultaneously...the main issue is that sometimes the hotkeys u set up for a certain toon are not be saved / updated

I found a work around that seems to be working for me. I just copy the connection block of code and paste it for all my toons. Then I update the data for each toon.

Then I just copy the hotkey block of code and past it for each toon and I update the file by typing the hotkeys instead of using the console to update it for me.

Seems like once you've established a connection block and hotkey block of code for each toon by hardcoding it into the XML file (with the ogre client off) the issues are solved. Moving forward, changes made for each character thru the client still update and save, but they don't override other characters profiles that already exist in the Xml file.