Alchemy in Merdidan?

Discuss Meridian 59 changes.
Tegin

Alchemy in Merdidan?

Post by Tegin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:49 am

Yesterday i thought about weapon procs... which to use against who etc...

But suddenly i asked myself why isnt there any reactive procs on armor like splash of acid or self heal...

What are you guys thinking on adding something like that in our little game?

enchanted armor parts could proc when they are hit or if some dmg is done on the carrier.

scale 10% helmet and gloves would add 5% each... plate would give 15%, leather armor only 5%, gold shield 10%, knight shield 15%, orc shield 0-5%, robe 0-5%

This would also benefit the PF community for survivability.

If that is to complicated maybe just implement a totem or ring that you have to wear for the reactive proc which calculated the % chance of the proc with your current armor stat.
Armor stat times 2 = chance to proc
e.g. scale (4), helmet (1), jonas soldier shield (4), gorts (1-3) =10 to 12 Armor x 2 = 20% to 24% chance to proc

best regards

Tegin
Delerium
Site Admin

Re: Alchemy in Merdidan?

Post by Delerium » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:20 pm

It's easy enough to add, the hard part is coming up with a lot of balanced choices and rarity (and possibly some mechanism to acquire them if it isn't just mob drops like existing attributes). Self-heal would be a cool one to have, as would maybe a temporary defense boost or armor boost.
Tegin

Post by Tegin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:10 pm

It could be a spell like Blood Inheritance in Kraanan 6 castable only for self use if you want to force people in getting k6
click on the main armor (scale plate)
cast spellname
s healproc, defense boost, armor boost

same as the create weapon spell

maybe a charakter could carry 2 scale armor pieces so that he could switch the armor piece depending on the enemy
Dragyrus

Post by Dragyrus » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Sounds like a great idea. I would like to see it implemented as a "debuff" rather than a direct dmg. Much like fatigue and bleed effects. Could leave a weakness to acid or shock, etc.. or even a corrosive effect that would cause forget or dement. Nerudite armor could cause an electric debuff like "fleeting current" that would cause a PE debuff and 1-2 hps spark damage over several seconds. Great idea I like where you're coming from with adding more armor properties. Maybe even cause chain armor attacks to have a PE like "winds or enfeeble" :D