Heal Mules interfering in Faction Shield / Guild War PvP

Discuss Meridian 59 changes.
Rokiante

Heal Mules interfering in Faction Shield / Guild War PvP

Post by Rokiante » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:53 am

Hello Admins and fellow players,

This would be my first time making a formal suggestion for a Meridian 59 change, so I'm not sure how much you Admins can stretch the Code for my idea to work.

As has recently been brought to the spotlight, Heal Mules are currently a... popular tactic for use during Faction Shield or Guild War pvp.

As a definition:
The game has some "PvP Systems" that allow non-colored characters to fight each other without penalties - Guild Wars and Faction Shields.
A Heal Mule is a character that bypasses the game's PvP-Systems, interfering with heals in PvP without being freely attackable by the players participating in the PvP-System.
A heal mule is strong enough to keep a character healed even with 3 enemies attacking at the same time, until the mana runs out.

In order to stop this, players are forced to go outside the PvP-System's mechanics and turn orange/red, thus breaking the PvP-System's original purpose of non-colored PvP without penalties.

PROPOSED SOLUTION
As stated by Delerium, this issue cannot be "hot-fixed" because it would affect other areas of the game other than PvP. The wrong change could make it so two friends cannot heal/buff each other while just hunting monsters, for example. Keeping this in mind, here is my proposed solution:

Healing/Buffing a target that is already PvP-Flagged and a Faction Soldier or in a mutual Guild War should temporarily flag the healer/buffer as an enemy.

So, with my limited understanding of how M59 code works, this would be the break down----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) Is target PvP-Flagged?
If no, heal/buff works as normal; end code.
If yes, go to (2)

(2) Is target a Faction Soldier?
If no, skip to (3)
If yes, healer/buffer becomes PvP-flagged and temporarily flagged as a Faction Soldier of the same faction as his target (without the Shield). This would happen even if the healer/buffer is a member of another faction. Go to (4).

(3) Is target a member of a guild currently involved in a mutual Guild War?
If no, heal/buff works as normal; end code.
If yes, go to (4)

(4) Healer/buffer becomes PvP-flagged and temporarily flagged as a member of his target's guild, thus becoming a temporary enemy to the rival guild. This would happen even if the healer/buffer is part of another guild. End code.

This temporary PvP-flag should last 20 seconds only, and be refreshed every time the healer heals again, gets attacked or attacks the now-enemy. This is enough time to stop/kill a heal mule, while preventing abuses such as PvP-flagging a character temporarily to attack someone and then having the PvP-flag fade to avoid being attacked in vengeance.

The healer wuld get a message like: "You have chosen to aid a faction soldier currently involved in battle! Shal'ille turns her eyes away from you temporarily, for she is neutral in the conflicts of law-abiding mortals! You feel her protection wane."
The healer should also get a "buff" icon on his character that explains what PvP-flags he has, and time remaining on the flags.
Once the timer is up, you get a message like "With the heat of battle receding, you can feel Shal'ille's eyes over you once more."

**In order to stop people from accidentally flagging, if your safety is ON then you cannot heal/buff people who are PvP flagged. If your safety is OFF, you can heal/buff but you acquire your target's PvP flags (you do not go colored).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What this would allow is for people who are just building and PvEing to have no problems buffing and healing each other, even if they are other faction shields or their friend is in a guild war, provided no one is PvP-Flagged yet.

If your safety is ON, you will never accidentally flag on players, as "Shal'ille prevents your intervention".

EXAMPLE
'Qorbob' is a Jonas Shield Soldier who is currently in a Warring Guild.
'Shalmike' is a Princess Shield Soldier who is not in a warring guild.
'Healbro' is a guilded white, no soldier shield or warring guild.

'Qorbob' and 'Shalmike' meet, and 'Qorbob' gets the blind first firing off three arrows all hitting for 20~ each
'Healbro', who was in the inn, comes out with his safety OFF and heals 'Shalmike'.
'Healbro' gets the message: "You have chosen to aid a faction soldier currently involved in battle ! Shal'ille turns her eyes away from you temporarily, for she is neutral in the conflicts of law-abiding mortals! You feel her protection wane."
'Healbro' becomes PvP flagged as if he was a Princess soldier and can be attacked by Jonas or Duke Faction Soldiers.
'Healbro' gets a "Buff" icon that explains his temporary PvP-flag status and time remaining.
Delerium
Site Admin

Re: Heal Mules interfering in Faction Shield / Guild War PvP

Post by Delerium » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:10 am

Ideally a fix for this wouldn't require a white player who wants to stay white to turn their safety off. For example, in your scenario maybe Healbro's next move is to cast sporeburst to save him from Qorbob, if he's standing next to another white guilded player (different guild) he will then turn orange. I know that might seem like a 'who cares' situation for a lot of players (I've been told as much several times now) but it's still a negative impact as a result of a fix.

I might be able to come up with a fair solution for all players but still working out the details, in the meantime (for anyone) please post any ideas that:
  • don't require touching safety
  • can't be used to trick newer players into changing PvP status by healing
  • won't restrict any form of PvE (e.g. cess + jonas shielded players building together)
  • won't restrict reasonable cases of healing (e.g. healer and a war guild player fighting vs 1x war guild and 1x red player, red player damages both so the healer can rightfully heal his ally even if the war guilded enemy can't hit the healer)
Rokiante

Post by Rokiante » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Hello Delerium,

Thanks for your feedback. I understand your point about the problems of safety being OFF.

If we put it on a scale, I believe allowing Heal Muling is a much bigger detriment to the game than possibly breaking PvE healing. Frequent, daily use of Heal Mules either demoralizes the affected players causing them to not log in as much, or starts an "arms race" of mulery to fight back.

However, I appreciate the fact that you as Admin try to put equal value in each part of the game.

I will mull over the idea in my head, and try to come up with a solution within your requirements.
Rentrog

Post by Rentrog » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:25 am

Moin ,
also der Heal Char soll die Sicherung raus machen ?

Ich habe eine Andere idee.

Bsp. Ich nehme einfach mal zufällige chars.

Rikishi (Bunt/Krieg)
Rokiante (Krieg)
Alex (Heilchar)

Rokiante(krieg) und Alex (heilumle) wollen Rikishi loggen. Rikishi (Krieg/Bunt und Sicherung draußen) Blendet zuerst Alex (heilchar) und Loggt Dann Rokiante(Krieg) und haut danach Alex(heilchar) um.
Alex (heilmule) hätte heilen können, wurde aber als erstes ins Target genommen und so aus dem Verkehr gezogen. Gefahr Gebannt.

Ich würde es begrüßen, wenn kurzzeitig Chars PVP geflakt werden.
Das sollte dann aber nicht nur für Heilchars zählen sondern für alle chars. Da man sehr oft sieht, das die Feinde wenn sie geloggt sind, auf Weiße chars switchen ohne Frakschild und so die Farbigen angreifen.

Man sollte überlegen, das jede PVP Aktion Konsequenzen hat. Wenn es irgend wie möglich ist sollte das system erkennen , wenn Weiße Spieler einen bunten Char meiner gilde angreifen und ich sollte ihm mit einem Weißen char helfen könenn ohne Sicherung rausmachen zu müssen. Da ich auch vom Programmieren keine ahnung habe , weiß ich nicht wie man so etwas umsetzen kann.

Ich kann nur sagen, nachdem heute eine Gilde versucht hat mit Heilern zu kommen ist die andere gilde mit bunten chars gekommen und hat die Heiler vertrieben. Es hat funktioniert

mfg

Rentrog
Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:10 pm

Easy solution my friends !

Minor do 2hp heal
Hospice do 5hp heal
Major do 7-10 heal

SUPER EASY
Rentrog