Create more Circle 5 Weaponcraft Skills

Discuss Meridian 59 changes.
Takeichi

Create more Circle 5 Weaponcraft Skills

Post by Takeichi » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:51 am

Suggestions:

- Dual Wield for 1hand Weapons (maybe with restriction that one weapon must be shorter than the other, higher attack rate but also higher stamina consumption)
- 2-hand Swords (higher Range, Dmg, more times between attacks, higher stamina consumption)
Dragyrus

Re: Create more Circle 5 Weaponcraft Skills

Post by Dragyrus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:42 pm

While these are good ideas, I have a few of my own that I believe wouldn't require so much game-changing mechanics:

I would like to suggest increasing PF viability through use of new skills in level 5 and level 6 of WC. Pure Fighters should be able to hold their own against 4-schoolers and should have an advantage in close-range combat when not CC'd etc.. These could be effective in making the game less cookie-cutter, or atleast adding another flavor of PvP :twisted:

Adrenaline Rush - level 5 WC - restores vigor to player when parry/dodge occurs. Could be conditional based on consecutive parry/dodges. I.E. 4 or 5 in a row parry/dodge restores 15-20 vigor to player.

Proficiency - level 5 WC - extra armor properties accessible to fighter when full shield wep and armor equipped. Chain - chance to deflect arrows Leather - chance to absorb spells Scale - chance to absorb physical dmg Plate - chance to shatter wep and brittles weps normally Nerudite - chance to enfeeble or hold on hit

Warrior's Regalia - level 6 WC - Deals damage back to attacker when player has full armor (shield, armor, wep, gaunts, helm) equipped. This would essentially function as the "ultimate warrior" and put those sword-wielding mages to the test against pure fighters. Might Dependent stat.

Sixth Sense - level 6 WC - evade magic with fully equipped shield armor and weapon. Functions much like parry but with spells, combat log would read as "Evades" or "predicts spell and dances out of range of incoming spell". May be overpowered but completely agility dependent stat. Would be much like archery is with aim, only with agility.

Gamble with Death - level 6 WC - four consecutive strikes on a player grants 150% damage on 5th consecutive strike to another player. If 5th strike misses, accuracy for next 8-10 seconds is greatly reduced (major debuff). On monsters, this consecutive strike would rise to six consecutive strikes produces a 7th strike with 150% damage. Again if 7th strike misses, player receives debuff for 10 seconds that reduces aim and accuracy. Aim dependent stat.

Let me know if you like these ideas or have suggestions.

-Dragyrus
Delerium
Site Admin

Post by Delerium » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Interesting ideas, thanks to both of you. More skills in WC 5/6 is definitely something we're looking into.
Dragyrus

Post by Dragyrus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:37 pm

:D :D Thanks, and just to clarify that I would be in favor of new WC skills (especially in sixth circle) having to use full armor set to get benefit. Some skills would only work with shield, wep, armor equipped NO ROBIES. :lol:
Mubbo

Post by Mubbo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:35 pm

I would also like to see new WC skills.

I was thinking of "riposte" as a lvl 6 skill which would build on parry. It would only have a chance of triggering on a successful parry and would provide an automatic extra attack chance.