Events?

Discuss server 105 content and in-game events.
Cenasi

Events?

Post by Cenasi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:27 am

Seems to me server has grown a bit. Maybe a small event of some sort is in order?

Frenzy
Building event
Arena tournament
Monster invasion

All ideas and feedback are welcome.

Cen
Delerium
Site Admin

Re: Events?

Post by Delerium » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:24 pm

The number of events will be increasing as population picks up, and there will be a couple announcements this weekend regarding events.

Interested to hear if anyone has any new, outside the box type events they think might be fun.
EvilSibhod

Post by EvilSibhod » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:36 pm

Capture the Totem (two teams with their own base- CTF style)
Trivia (possibly with Hide and seek mixed in)
not new, but an old favorite - Dodgebard (makes me want to make Deliverance a touch spell so you can just run around trying to melee the mortals with it)
Delerium
Site Admin

Post by Delerium » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:05 am

EvilSibhod wrote: not new, but an old favorite - Dodgebard (makes me want to make Deliverance a touch spell so you can just run around trying to melee the mortals with it)
That's a pretty cool spin on dodgebard, might have to add the spell and try it out.
Cenasi

Post by Cenasi » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:43 pm

How about a death match type event.

Not sure how hard it is to code, perhaps a team frenzy unlimited regs weeps etc too sides (red and blue team) teams are divided how the gods wish and fight to the death for x amount of time. 5 min 30min or whatever.

Best score gains event prizes I.e colored weps or shrunken head etc.

Bringing a new style CoD type to old style gameplay.
Delerium
Site Admin

Post by Delerium » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:41 pm

Cenasi wrote:How about a death match type event.

Not sure how hard it is to code, perhaps a team frenzy unlimited regs weeps etc too sides (red and blue team) teams are divided how the gods wish and fight to the death for x amount of time. 5 min 30min or whatever.

Best score gains event prizes I.e colored weps or shrunken head etc.

Bringing a new style CoD type to old style gameplay.
We do have a war event we can run during frenzies that does exactly this - creates 2-5 teams and disallows attacking members of the same team. It needs some fine tuning still but I'll try to run this when the population allows for it (really needs a decent population to work well, maybe 15 per team).
Arantis

Post by Arantis » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:09 pm

haha dodgebard sounds pretty cool :D

I might try the capture the totem one on 112. That sounds also really nice.
HazZy

Post by HazZy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:11 am

Cool Ideas.

Another model to consider is what guild wars 2 does with the random event generation.

I think implementing some of that stuff (like the xeo attacks) would be great since it doesn't require admin trigger or admin time.

If you do bring xeo's back though, ugh, just have them attack NPCs, not nodes ;D. If I remember correctly, xeos were removed because getting mana nodes over n over was annoying since you could have been at work, sleeping etc. and negative events should benefit those loggged in, not penalize those who arent
HazZy

Post by HazZy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:21 am

Im also curiou about Solo survival. I've invested a solid amt of hours into it, trying to find the best screen etc. I'm pretty sure if you had a team with headsets and organized in a WoW raid style format, by picking the write screens, a team could probably beat it pretty easily.

Has anyone done that?

I think I have an idea of what the right build would be to beat it solo...which regs/wands/potions to bring, and which critters to look for and kill to keep your economy of resources (reagants, arrows, wands, potions etc) balanced but..It just seems like it'd take a long time to beat, and somethijng like a client error locking up the session or some bad luck just aint worth the time..that same time could go towards thrashing and yield much bigger results.

Anyone else feel this way about surival arena (solo)? I know it was easier when first realized, so if anyone beat it solo back then, thates great, but im talking about now.

If you're interested in getting a group together, I think i have the right screen and right builds and player roles needed to beat it in a few hours. Hit me up.
Delerium
Site Admin

Post by Delerium » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:17 pm

HazZy wrote:Cool Ideas.

Another model to consider is what guild wars 2 does with the random event generation.

I think implementing some of that stuff (like the xeo attacks) would be great since it doesn't require admin trigger or admin time.
More automated events is something we should prioritise, I think it'd make a big difference.

Xeos are already active but the attacks won't happen until 20 unique players are online. We've had 4 or 5 attacks but none recently, and there are some heartstones floating around.
If you do bring xeo's back though, ugh, just have them attack NPCs, not nodes ;D. If I remember correctly, xeos were removed because getting mana nodes over n over was annoying since you could have been at work, sleeping etc. and negative events should benefit those loggged in, not penalize those who arent
There was an issue years ago with attacks happening repeatedly and node loss occurring even if the attack was repelled, but both of these bugs were fixed. The attacked node can still be lost but it's a 2% chance (down from 5%).