Justicar

General game discussion, anything Meridian 59 related.
lostm59

Justicar

Post by lostm59 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:44 pm

This test of justicar has failed. The only way to go white should be pay 1m from red to orange and death white. Or maybe even add a orange to white but make it like 2.5m. The justicar office is too easily controlled by 1 guild endlessly or even one player if they have the motivation to make new characters. As i can pump out a 50hp toon in about 15-20 minutes no joke.

-Lost
Delerium
Site Admin

Re: Justicar

Post by Delerium » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:18 am

lostm59 wrote:This test of justicar has failed.
Test? All we've done so far is put the code back in and reactivate it...
The justicar office is too easily controlled by 1 guild endlessly
Ideally the response to this, if you dislike the guild in control, is to start or join an opposing guild and try to obtain enough votes to win Justicar.
or even one player if they have the motivation to make new characters. As i can pump out a 50hp toon in about 15-20 minutes no joke.
This is the problem though, trying to ensure one person = one vote. Players can help by not creating voting armies but if it's possible some people are always going to do it. AFAIK nobody on either server has started doing this yet though I may have missed it on 112. I have a few ideas on how to combat it or at least make it cost way more time to maintain a voting army.
lostm59

Post by lostm59 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:14 pm

I get what you are saying. However, in practice there are only so many players and it becomes a huge advantage to be able to go orange every week and recolonize with no penalty. The 1m plus a death is fair so outlaws can be outlaws, but by no means is going red character ending.

The justicar is too flawed currently, unless we add additional limitations, such as only 2 pardons ( red to white or two orange to white) within a 30 day period. This would limit the abuse of power that is.

Bottom line something has got to give.
HazZy

Post by HazZy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:08 pm

What exactly is a better, realistic alternative to the current Justicar system than popular vote?
Is it really that big of a problem? I've paid and you've paid the 1 million to turn a character from red to orange multiple times...

How many developers do we have working on this game and how much are they getting paid to do it? <- Not that many and $0 per hour. We're lucky we have them at all.
Ideally the response to this, if you dislike the guild in control, is to start or join an opposing guild and try to obtain enough votes to win Justicar.
I agree. You have at least 12+ toons over 100 hp, I have at least 6, plus the rest of our dysfunctional family. We haven't even made a real attempt to take the Justicar yet with any offensive or defensive tactics.

The side with less players usually loses to the side with more players. It's kind of like , well , everything else in life where more > less, and that applies to m59, which you seem to constantly have an issue with :P No offense.