classic client ?

General game discussion, anything Meridian 59 related.
temp404

classic client ?

Post by temp404 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:40 pm

Hmm, sorry im new here.. but i want know why the OpenMeridian105-develop build, the most updated?
dont have a red dot with black borders when any mob target u example:
from meridiannext classic 105 client;
https://i.imgur.com/H5YpVA6.png
and the dev build:
https://i.imgur.com/Oo5MtSl.png
and in the dev build the mobs are not agressives, i tested with a normal and admin account ;-;

its a server side configuration ?
some npcs dont talk if u say Hello, but in the official 105 server they talk and give a quest (the same npc)

sry, google translate lul

i have created a issue in the git of cyberjunk but i dont know if anyone will answer this question
Delerium
Site Admin

Re: classic client ?

Post by Delerium » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:24 pm

Welcome! Sorry your question didn't get answered, OpenMeridian105-develop is a few updates behind at the moment so a few of the newer features are missing.

If you'd like to contribute to development, you can still submit code to that repo unless it involves editing something added in the past few months.
temp404

Post by temp404 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:48 am

Thanks for answering :)
I do not know if i can contribute a lot because I'm new in c/c++, i really want contribute :)
I was quite interested in doom style games, so i wanted to learn more about and i find this.
Do you intend to continue development in the old client? if not, do you want to post the updates?
I loved the new client with ogre3D but i do not have much interest in DotNet ;x-x;

sry, google translate fail sometimes :v
Delerium
Site Admin

Post by Delerium » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:55 am

Both clients are still being developed though long term the (.NET) Ogre client will become the main and possibly only client, e.g. if classic begins to stop working on a future version of Windows. There's also some tentative plans to rewrite the .NET Meridian59 library Ogre uses in C++.