Lich Bish And an Idea?

General game discussion, anything Meridian 59 related.
Sephraem

Lich Bish And an Idea?

Post by Sephraem » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:25 am

So... I managed to go waltzing through Brax (with some help cause whoa, that place is creepy), and I was just wondering if/when Queen Venya'cyr (Lich Bish) would be making an appearance? Maybe even turn it into an event of some sorts where she tries to expand her control (wouldn't be hard with the graveyards in Tos, Marion, Raza, or even in a new area ), or she's able to make a type of undead that can attempt to murder us in the sun- akin to daywalkers. Since I'm not sure of the lore behind Queen Venya'cyr's lichihood (in some places outside of M59, a lich is like a necromancer who took the next step for ultimate power or something like that), but... it'd be interesting? Maybe?
Morbus

Re: Lich Bish And an Idea?

Post by Morbus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:38 pm

The story is definitely going to get picked up on at some point in the future. As you suspected, however, there is some major lore attached to the Queen and her order and we're generally very wary of cheapening any part of the game and its story by tossing out random events that are disconnected from the rest of the story. In this particular case, a lot of players have fairly strong feelings about the Queen and her story and any additions to it have to be crafted with tremendous attention to detail and must keep in mind both the Queen's past and her possible future. Obviously, it's not an easy task, but we have some amazing story tellers in the team/community and I'm confident we'll be able to hammer it all out eventually. It's just going to take time. :)
Sephraem

Post by Sephraem » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:38 pm

Awesome. Was just wondering... also as to why the room you find her in is also seems like a guild room? I guess something for the future as well?
Delerium
Site Admin

Post by Delerium » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:12 pm

The whole Inner Sanctum is a guild hall, the room with the Lich (past the large doors) is the 'inside' of the hall and the rest is the foyer. There's a secret room with a chest in the foyer if you try to open the wall directly south from the raised cross in the middle of the room. There's also some levers in that room which are supposed to randomize the lever pattern for opening Brax, but AFAIK they don't work and fixing them isn't high on the priority list :)