Current update (2.1.0) feedback

General game discussion, anything Meridian 59 related.
Cenasi

Current update (2.1.0) feedback

Post by Cenasi » Tue May 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Post all your general feeback concerns about the new update. I can start,

Ama = still not good if not worse than before, making pfers useless, yes the lowered sp is good but the no fizzle rate aganist its casters hurts as they can still chain cc to death. ama should be reverted to something like it was in the old days have it effect everyone in the zone or something else, i have other idea if u wish to actually listen to them pm me.

pve = bleed and ghost spawning zombies and the agro is just to much, it was made harder to build with no balanced compensation for the changing in dmg and agro.

MoD = eh i will agree it does give shals a bit more of an edge but purge is still crap so whatever.

Mana con draining mana .. why.. bc of the ama change ?

there is no balance from mages vs fighers and thats a problem, a mage and a fighter should be equal in the sense where given skill set one can beat the other not that one is always on top.

Right now qor mage with riija is king .. shals and figthers are so on the back end its not even funny ..

just my 2cents

THIS IS NOT INTENDED FOR A BASH ON THE UPDATE ITS FEEDBACK****

again this is feedback only, i think the update had some good incentives and ideas they are just a bit unbalanced.

Deka
Delerium
Site Admin

Re: Current update (2.1.0) feedback

Post by Delerium » Tue May 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Cenasi wrote:Ama = still not good if not worse than before, making pfers useless, yes the lowered sp is good but the no fizzle rate aganist its casters hurts as they can still chain cc to death. ama should be reverted to something like it was in the old days have it effect everyone in the zone or something else, i have other idea if u wish to actually listen to them pm me.
The issue with having it affect everyone in the zone is balance. The other candidate for the AMA rewrite this update was a small radius area effect that does what the old (101 version) room enchantment does (affects all). However when a player casts this, should they go orange? If they have safety on, should it affect other innocent players? (not doing so provides ways to abuse the spell working with allies etc). It's not always as easy as "I want it to work like this and I personally don't mind it so it'll work perfectly", from the feedback we've received in the past year and a bit (and on the old servers prior to that) every version of AMA is pretty widely hated. However if you have some ideas that haven't been tried yet we would love to hear them. Chain CC is an issue we may have to look at if we stick with this version, though with EE and AMA up blind won't last more than 4.5 sec.
pve = bleed and ghost spawning zombies and the agro is just to much, it was made harder to build with no balanced compensation for the changing in dmg and agro.
Bleed damage is going to be lowered by half in the next hotfix so that will hopefully go some way towards lowering PvE difficulty. The ghost's new tricks in particular were supposed to reflect how difficult the mob should be - it's a 130-150HP boss mob and should require a bit of strategy to defeat. Unfortunately for existing players if we want the game (PvE) to be interesting to entice (and teach!) new players, the monsters have to be non-trivial to defeat. In my mind Meridian 59 is still really in beta in some ways, not quite feature complete with respect to things like mob AI, newbie onboarding, QoL features etc. In the process towards getting all the features we want into the game, sometimes you'll get Unbound Energy in an update, sometimes more intelligent mobs.
MoD = eh i will agree it does give shals a bit more of an edge but purge is still crap so whatever.
Purge isn't as powerful as it once was, but I don't think anyone can say that it wasn't ridiculously overpowered before. Shal has received 3 new spells now if you include MoD (plus Martyr's Grace and Holy Blaze), if it's still not in a good place we can do more there.
Mana con draining mana .. why.. bc of the ama change ?
Yes, the old spell was really too situational and with the new AMA it wasn't going to make much sense at all. Having it as a mana draining spell gives it far more potential use cases for mages, e.g. in a larger fight you'd probably have enough enemies in range to gain more mana than the spell uses for upkeep. Would really like to see this used a lot in PvP so we can get feedback on it and figure out if we need to try something else in level 5 Jala.
there is no balance from mages vs fighers and thats a problem, a mage and a fighter should be equal in the sense where given skill set one can beat the other not that one is always on top.

Right now qor mage with riija is king .. shals and figthers are so on the back end its not even funny
Well you've seen that every update has been working towards balance - Shal in particular has had the utility of the heal spells boosted (lowered regs, removed focus time, no reg cost for Minor Heal, no karma loss on use) and 3 new spells added. AMA had more complaints than any other spell thus was rewritten and Reflection had its mana drain increased slightly this update to make it a little harder for low mana (i.e. Riija PF) characters to maintain two of them. We'll keep making changes based on player feedback - you guys can help us decide which changes need to be made by giving us lots of good info on what works and what doesn't (a bit more elaborate than "X is broken" ideally) and keep trying out all the new and changed spells that have been added over the last 15 months.
Cenasi

Post by Cenasi » Wed May 24, 2017 3:22 pm

the agro system not allowing mules to cast in zones

rejuv is pointless since rest regains your mana faster

rejuv tick per mana is bugged or broken before you could cast 3 jala songs and stay mana stable with rejuv + 2 others ie mirth resto
Cenasi

Post by Cenasi » Wed May 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Delerium wrote: though with EE and AMA up blind won't last more than 4.5 sec.
This is still huge given the fact that the caster can easily just chain it being that fizzles are removed. Also unlike dazzle blind you can not use doors, still making it very strong, 4.5 secs is more than enough time to kill a target solo, + more even easier.
Delerium
Site Admin

Post by Delerium » Thu May 25, 2017 9:14 am

Cenasi wrote:the agro system not allowing mules to cast in zones
It is a bit harder for Jala mules in particular now, long-term we want to reduce the need for mules (hence being able to reset and quickly regen resources). Mirth and melancholy can both be cast using scrolls, or your main character could learn the spells and forget them later if you don't plan on keeping Jala.
rejuv is pointless since rest regains your mana faster

rejuv tick per mana is bugged or broken before you could cast 3 jala songs and stay mana stable with rejuv + 2 others ie mirth resto
Rejuvenate mana drain does seem to be set pretty high, will discuss lowering it with the other devs today.
Cenasi wrote:
Delerium wrote: though with EE and AMA up blind won't last more than 4.5 sec.
This is still huge given the fact that the caster can easily just chain it being that fizzles are removed. Also unlike dazzle blind you can not use doors, still making it very strong, 4.5 secs is more than enough time to kill a target solo, + more even easier.
This is a good point, I'll bring that up also.